Nothing has been more gratifying than my work as a frontline law enforcement officer, and as a Mayor and Councilmember for the city of Elk Grove.
My experience in both law enforcement and local government gives me a thorough understanding of what it takes to run a city and balance a budget under the toughest circumstances.
But what I have also learned is how much the decisions made in the Legislature tangibly impact cities, counties, and families throughout our communities.
That's why I've made the tough decision to run for the Democratic nomination for State Assembly in District 9. I hope you will look over my background and accomplishments and consider joining our campaign!
Thanks for your consideration.
a thorough understanding of what it takes to run a city and
balance a budget under the toughest circumstances.
- 13 years as Elk Grove's Mayor and City Councilmember
- Sacramento Sheriff's Department Captain with 29 years in law enforcement
- Former Commander of Sacramento Valley High-Tech Crime Task Force, and the Gang Suppression and Major Narcotics Division; current Commander of the Court Security Division
- Highly decorated officer, earning the Bronze Star for Bravery and recognized for heroic undercover work and gang investigation
- Graduate of West Point Leadership Academy and FBI National Academy, with Master's degree in Organizational Leadership from St. Mary's College