Important Labor Legislation Cooper Authored/Supported:
- AB 1916 (Cooper): Pay Equity Civil Service
- AB 46 (Cooper): Pay Equity Public Employees – SEIU
- AB 52 (Cooper): Employee Orientations- Labor Fed #1 priority was inserted into 2017 budget
- AB 579 (Flora and Cooper): Creates firefighter pre-apprenticeship program.
- AB 2220 (Cooper 2016): District Elections
- AB 1700 ( Cooper 2016): Marijuana Workers Safety- UFCW
- AB 1422 (Cooper 2015): Improves driver and rider safety for users of mobile ride-sharing services.
- AB 398: California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006: (Cap and Trade)
- SB 1: Transportation Funding Bill
- SB 2: Building Homes and Jobs Act.
- SB 3: Veterans and Affordable Housing Bond Act of 2018.
- SB 3 (2016): Minimum Wage Increase
Important Women’s Legislation Cooper Authored/Supported:
- AB 46 (Cooper 2017): Expands the California Equal Pay Act to public sector employers.
- AB 334 (Cooper 2017): extend the statute of limitations for civil actions for recovery of damages suffered as a result of sexual assault and clarifies reimbursement procedures for medical/evidentiary exams for victims not choosing to participate with law enforcement.
- AB 1475 (Cooper 2015): Defines and recognizes Sexual Assault Response Teams (SART) in statute. It allows for each county to establish a SART designed to provide a team approach to responding to sexual assaults in the community.
- AB 1744 (Cooper 2016): requires the development of a standardized sexual assault forensic medical evidence kit to be used by all California jurisdictions.
- AB 168: Prohibits all employers, including the Legislature, the state, and local governments, from seeking salary history information about an applicant for employment
- AB 273: Clarifies that engagement in English language and high school or high school equivalency educational programs meets criteria for establishing eligibility for subsidized child care programs.
- AB 480: Includes a thirty-dollar-per-month benefit to assist with diaper costs for each child less than three years old as a necessary supportive service pursuant to a California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- AB 568: Requires that school districts, charter schools, and community colleges provide at least six weeks of full pay for pregnancy-related leaves of absence taken by certificated, academic, and classified employees.
- AB 570: Prohibits workers’ compensation permanent disability apportionment in cases of physical injury based on pregnancy, childbirth, or other medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth.
Other Important Legislation Cooper Authored:
- SB 54 (De León-Cooper Principal Author): Sanctuary State Bill
- AB 2x 6 (Cooper): Defines E-Cigarettes as tobacco products.
- AB 630 (Cooper): Clean Cars for All
- AB 615 (Cooper): CVRP Expansion to Central Valley
- AB 1018 (Cooper): Improves delivery of mental health services to students. (Held in Senate)